According to 2022 Death on Job Report: During the last year, 340 died from hazardous workplaces. More than 4,700 were killed on the job.
According to the statics an estimated of 120,000 workers died from occupational diseases. The fatality rate in the workplace was 3.4 per 100,000 workers. Latino and Black workers face a greater risking of dying on the job than the workforce as a whole. The Latino rate was 4.5 per 100,000 workers, a 15% increase over the past decade. The Black worker rate was 3.5 per 100,000 workers. Older workers were at high risk, with more than one-third of workplace fatalities occurring among workers ages 55 and older.
The top 10 most frequently cited OSHA violated standards were related to:
- Fall protection, construction – 5,260 citations.
- Hazard communication standard, general industry – 2,424 citations.
- Respiratory protection, general industry – 2,185 citations.
- Ladders, construction – 2,143 citations.
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction – 2,058 citations.
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry – 1,977 citations.
- Powered industrial trucks, general – 1,749 citations
- Fall Protection/Training Requirements – 1,556 citations.
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment / Eye and Face Protection – 1,401 citations.
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general requirements – 1,370 citations.
All employees have to work in a safe and healthful environment and have to be provided with training and education by their employees.
Extraleap offers a wide range of online courses and training to improve your team’s safety and productivity. Have a look at our courses and get started now.
Extraleap is the site where you and your team can find online compliance trainings. We offer a wide variety of courses in safety and HR management.