According to OSHA latest statistics, 5,333 workers died on the job in 2019. On average, more than 100 a week or about 15 deaths every day. About 20% of worker fatalities in private industry were in construction.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, in California a total of 451 workers died on the job in 2019: 94 by violence and other injuries by persons or animals, 141 by transportation incidents, 88 by falls, slips, trips, 66 by exposure to harmful substances or environments and 55 by contact with objects and equipment.
The top 10 most frequently cited OSHA violated standards were related to:
- Fall protection, construction
- Hazard communication standard, general industry
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry
- Respiratory protection, general industry
- Ladders, construction
- Powered industrial trucks, general
- Fall Protection–Training Requirements
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general requirements
- Eye and Face Protection
All employees have to work in a safe and healthful environment and have to be provided with training and education by their employees.
Extraleap offers a wide range of online courses and training to improve your team’s safety and productivity. Have a look at our courses and get started now.
Extraleap is the site where you and your team can find online compliance trainings. We offer a wide variety of courses in safety and HR management.